One of the main doubts that brands have when starting in the world of Digital Marketing is whether it is worth investing in advertising and web traffic to attract new users to their products.
At Abdul Rimaaz we believe that this investment is necessary and can bring many benefits to the strategy. However, it must be done with the correct advice, otherwise, you run the risk of investing a lot of money in the wrong audience or target and not seeing a good return on investment.
What is buying web traffic?
It is a set of strategies that consist of paying to attract new users to your brand and meet a goal. Among the most common objectives in Digital Marketing are: to publicize your brand, feed a database or sell a specific product.
By buying traffic, your pages will receive a greater flow of visitors and your profiles on social networks will have more followers. This will affect your positioning, since the greater the number of visits, the greater the visibility and vice versa.
Who do you buy web traffic from?
The most popular pages to invest in buying traffic are Google and Facebook, due to the great scope they have. These have platforms where you can choose your target audience, the design of your ad and the texts and buttons that accompany it. Although the interface is quite friendly and easy to use, the best idea is to have a team of experts in ads and guidelines (also called a performance agency ) so that the strategy works and your investments pay off.
Where is web traffic bought?
There are a large number of sites where you can buy traffic for your website through ads. The main ones are Google and Facebook. However, there are alternatives such as Linkedin, Twitter and native advertising:
- Buy web traffic on Facebook and Instagram: business.facebook.com
- Buy web traffic on Google and Youtube: ads.google.com
- Buy web traffic on Twitter: ads.twitter.com
- Buy web traffic on Linkedin: Linkedin Ads
- Buy web traffic on TikTok: tiktok.com/business/
- Native advertising on Outbrain: outbrain.com/es/
- Native advertising in Taboola: taboola.com/es/
How much is a purchased click of web traffic worth?
Generally, ad platforms that sell web traffic clicks often have auction models to define the value on the click.
This CPC (cost per click) model was originally created by Google, specifically by the famous economist Hal Varian, and most platforms have copied the pricing strategy.
In the following video we will tell you how an auction system works to define the value of a paid click in Google:
6 advantages of buying web traffic
Buying traffic to achieve the goals of your digital strategy can give your brand several benefits, including:
Buying traffic is a good way to start Digital Marketing and give your brand initial recognition from internet users.
You do not have to invest a lot of money to start, you can test and measure how you are doing and then invest a little more and get to know the tools better.
If you do a good segmentation and have an attractive and effective ad, you will be able to see the return on your investment faster than if you expect your brand to grow organically.
Attention of potential clients
By investing in advertising you make sure you reach real potential customers who need what you offer, not just followers.
You can test, measure and adjust
As we always say: what is not measured cannot be improved. When advertising web, you can measure your results and know what works and what does not to make adjustments and improve. Ad metrics are usually available in a short time.
When campaigning you have total control of the ads, the investment, the audience it will reach.
Checklist: what to do before buying web traffic?
Before advertising or advertising on the web, it is important that you cover several bases:
- Know very well the product you want to promote and the audience you are targeting. At this point it is a good idea to use the product.
- Find your most valuable products and those most loved by the public. Pick several so you can measure and compare.
- Evaluate the existing demand for that product. Necessary? What price can you offer to make it attractive and worth investing in?
- Check that you have quality audiovisual material of the product. If you don’t have it, invest in good photos and videos.
- Confirm that your landing page or E-Commerce works perfectly so that you can convert and meet your goals.
- Monitor your competition. With tools like SEMRush you can know more about your traffic and your positioning.
- Define how much you are going to spend . In order to do this, it is important that you know very well the cost and value of your product, the profits and what will return the investment in advertising that you are about to do.
- Choose the right channel. Google Ads? Facebook Ads? It depends on your product, your Buyer Persona and your goals.
Tips when buying web traffic
Some tips to make your internet advertising strategy more successful:
- Start with keywords from the bottom of the funnel , in small numbers and with their exact match. This ensures that only people who are genuinely interested in your niche receive your ads.
- Do not edit your ads a lot : Did you know that every time you edit a detail of your ad, the history is lost and Google has to start learning again? The same thing happens if you take breaks or return frequently to your campaigns. The wisest thing to do is duplicate your ads and edit the duplicate campaign.
- Do not stop doing brand campaigns: even if you have a campaign with a specific objective running, we recommend you never stop doing general campaigns about your brand. In this way, you have a constant presence.
- Take care of your copy and images: make sure you use persuasive and action-inviting words, as well as clear and good quality images.
- Track your conversions: this will be the only way to know if the campaign is working and how much you are earning from it. Almost all advertising platforms have a way to track conversions. Google and Facebook have Google Tag Manager , for example.
- Do remarketing: when someone clicks on your ad but does not complete the conversion (leave data or buy), you can persuade them with specially designed ads, which attract them to finish the process. Especially when it comes to metrics and analytics, the design and execution of these campaigns can seem overwhelming and technical.
However, everything can be greatly simplified if you have a team of Digital Marketing experts who not only design and plan your brand’s campaign, but also analyze the results obtained in order to improve, optimize and achieve the objectives set.